Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1

I feel sorry for myself a lot.

I had a hard time growing up and a particularly hard time this past year and I quite often think "I'm so unlucky", "it's not fair" and "why me"? I know, logically, that my life hasn't been that hard. I read the stories on the women India that  Edenland writes about and I know that I am so very lucky and privileged and I feel terrible for being such a .... whiny bitch really.

So, as its a new year and the obvious time to make a fresh start I have decided to start keeping a journal of daily gratitude's.  Three things that I'm grateful for each day, big or small,  whether it's a perfect cup of tea or winning the lotto (fingers crossed).

My hope is that looking out and acknowledging the good in each and every day will make me a better, more positive person.  Maybe even one of those people who wakes up in the morning smiling .... probably not though, not until I've had that perfect cup of tea!

So, without further ado, I present my three gratitude's for 1 January 2013:

1. I'm grateful my son, Thom, still asks for "cuggles".  It never fails to make me smile and I just feel my heart grow that little bit bigger every time he is in my arms, nestled into my neck with his sticky face/fingers/shirt ruining whatever I am wearing.

2. I'm grateful for nurofen.  I only had 3 or 4 drinks last night but for someone who rarely drinks it was enough to give me a massive headache that lasted well into the afternoon.  

3. Airconditioning.  This crazy Perth heatwave is sending me batty and I'm so glad I can hide inside and wait for it to pass.

So that's Day 1. I'm excited to see what tomorrow will bring.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following you on your gratitude journey! And thank you for the inspiration to finally fill a gorgeous diary I have had sitting aside for 3 whole YEARS because I wasn't sure what needed to go in it.. I think it would make a wonderful gratitude journal!

    Happy New Year, Hun! Smiles & Happiness, Haylie @ Little Miss Fascinated xx

    ReplyDelete